Poems and Stories

Friday, March 18, 2016

I Thought I Was Irish!

I thought I was IRISH!
so I drank too much
I wrote bad poetry
and wore green and such.

Then grandfather retired
and tried to collect
They asked for his birth certificate
Just a routine check.

He found out he was adopted
by an Irish family from Cork
He was descended from Germans
who couldn't find work.

All those years had been wasted!
Drinking, riding, and worse.
He thought he was Irish
and relished the curse.

Now its my turn to worry
about my roots and the TREE
If I was really German
What harm could there be?

I guess I could work more
and cut out bad rhyme.
How boring to be
cut down in my prime!

Oh well as they say
on St. Patricks Day
EVERYONES Irish
at least for a day!

Frederick Thomas Crowley, Jr.
aka
Freidrich Von Diesel

No comments: