Poems and Stories

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Stop all On Line Shopping! - Buy Local!

I admit that shopping on-line will continue to grow, dwarfing all local businesses and making click-buying easier and many times cheaper than your local store.  However, every one should reflect on how many times that on-line buying or service requests FAIL.
For example - Ebay -  Despite my specifically requesting a shipment to my second/winter home on the Gulf Coast, they automatically sent TWO separate shipments to my home address in Maine!
No one will be there until May 1, 2020, the house is closed up, the driveway is unplowed, the power is off AND UPS deliveries drop things off without checking to see if anyone is home.  WE do not even get mail at the house, it goes to a PO Box and is forwarded to us.

Another example  I bought a watch on-line from TIMEX, again I told them to ship it to Mississippi - they are shipping it to Maine and can not re-route it,

Another one - I ordered a KOHLER shower pan on line - I received a broken, damaged shower pan from a cardboard box with huge dirty footprints on it, AND the item weighed 25 pounds NOT the 53 pounds stated all over the order I placed,

Therefore, I am getting in my car and going shopping here, locally, I may have to go to Home Depot, Lowes, or Walmart but I will TRY to find a smaller local business where I can look people in the eye and say "Good Morning" and get a verbal, human response, even if they don't have what I am looking for!

No comments: