Poems and Stories

Sunday, April 6, 2014

POETRY MONTH (AGAIN) 2014


The other night I went to my first Poetry reading thing at the library. Holy shit. These people are serious and use really big words!  They also refer to OTHER poets and a lot of the people in the room (not me) knew who they were talking about...They also talked about where they went to GRAD school and where they learned to write and from whom.  I was totally awestrcuk and felt like an idiot.  I had a little poem in my pocket which I had just written an hour before the meeting.  I didn't want to read it at all.  But, then, I decided to read it EARLY on so I wouldn't chicken out.  My poem actually rhymed and was pretty "sophomoric"  (big word that means "dumb")  I read it and they seemed to like it but they were all polite and liked everyones poems.  It was nice.  I am glad I went.

No comments: